If you've been washing your fabrics with something other than Defunkify, we pretty much guarantee there's buildup on the fibers of your clothing - both residue from the detergents you've been relying on and gunk from being a human and all the microscopic, sometimes funky, stuff your body sheds.
We recommend a good laundry stripping session if your fabrics are feeling old, heavy, dull, rough and far from the days of first purchase. This process will leave you in shock at how much newer and better your fabrics feel - And, it'll leave your tub full of really gross, but very satisfying to observe, sludge water from all the "yuck" released from your clothing, towels, sheets and more.
Here's how you do it:
- Gather Your Materials.
- Fill the Container. Fill your bathtub with HOT water; approximately 100-105 degrees F.
- Add Defunkify! 1 oz of Powder Laundry Detergent per 5 gallons of water. (note: online influencers will read off a "laundry list" of ingredients you need in order to embark on a laundry stripping journey. We guarantee Defunkify Powder Laundry Detergent will do that trick!
- Stir and Dissolve. You’re almost there!
- Submerge the Laundry. Place laundry in the hot water and cleaning agent (aka Defunkify Powder Detergent) mixture.
Pro tip: Wear gloves to protect your hands from hot water and grime that comes out of the fabrics. Defunkify detergents are non-toxic but no guaranteed on what's coming off of the fibers of your apparel.
- Soak. Soak fabrics for up to 2 hours.
During this time, Defunkify's powerful cleaning agents will work to release dirt, oils, detergents, and other residues from the fabric fibers. And, you'll get to watch the water get grosser and grosser. Like we said, strangely satisfying.
- Agitate. Agitate the water and laundry to release any remaining residue. You can agitate by hand or with the use of a wooden spoon.
- Observe. Check out the dirty water left behind after soaking in Defunkify! Yuck! But also... cool!
- Rinse. Drain the tub and say goodbye to the funky build-up released from your fabrics. Rinse the laundry thoroughly with clean water.
- Standard Wash. After rinsing..
- Wring out excess water.
- Toss into your washing machine
- Wash as usual!
If you wash regularly with Defunkify products, chances are you won't have to strip your laundry - but if you've got fabrics you're really putting to the test, it certainly won't hurt them by giving them a little extra cleaning love. It so easy and so effective!
Watch professional chef and fitness guru Sirii Sampson show you how it's done in the video below!