It doesn’t quite feel like spring in our home state of Oregon. The snow keeps on falling making for a very extended winter. We're not giving up on spring! We know flowers will start peeking up from the ground and leaves will begin to show up on our favorite trees. Our noses will soon be runny with allergies! Haha.
Now is a great time to get cleaning. It’s a good practice to open your doors, let your house breathe and wash up the evidence of the good and bad and messy that life has thrown your way since your last deep cleaning sesh.
Below you’ll find recommendations on how to approach the task of deep cleaning your casa:
- Declutter: Go through each room and get rid of anything you no longer need or use. Donate or sell items that are in good condition, and toss the rest.
- Deep Clean Floors: Vacuum carpets and area rugs, mop hardwood and tile floors, and steam clean carpets to give your floors a fresh start.
- Dusting: Dust all surfaces, including furniture, shelves, blinds, and baseboards.
- Wash Windows: Clean windows inside and out, and wipe down window sills and frames. Defunkify All Purpose Cleaner is a good product to have on hand for this! - and #’s 5 and 6 too!
- Clean Kitchen Appliances: Clean your oven, microwave, refrigerator, and dishwasher thoroughly. Scrub your stove top and remove any stains.
- Bathroom Cleaning: Scrub your shower, tub, sink, and toilet. Clean the grout and sealant if necessary.
- Wash Bedding: Wash all bedding including sheets, pillowcases, and comforters. Use Defunkify for truly clean results.
- Organize Closets: Go through your closet and organize clothes by type and color. Donate clothes you no longer wear and organize the rest.
- Dust Lighting Fixtures: Dust light fixtures and clean the bulbs to brighten your home.
- Clean Air Ducts: Have your air ducts professionally cleaned to improve air quality and circulation.
Our number one recommendation? A good pair of bluetooth headphones allows you to play your favorite podcasts, audiobooks and spotify playlists while you're getting your deep clean on. Best of luck!